Thursday, March 14, 2013

NO SUGAR * NO ALCOHOL * NOW WHAT?

                          


Last year I made a major dietary and lifestyle upgrade by ending my relationship with sugar and alcohol. It appears the "life of the party" is over...NOW WHAT?!

Actually, it was more like I was tossed into this new life by cosmic forces because my schedule does not allow me to even tempt the idea of going out on a Friday or Saturday night and I do not miss hangovers at all. I have a fabulous boyfriend that doesn't care to drink either, so why not stay home and cook? I simply prefer to eat at home because there is no sugar, no gluten, no processed foods, no alcohol, and no pressure. There is nothing more gratifying to me than eating 100% organic whole foods made with love. You cant buy that at a restaurant! 
In the beginning I found it extremely challenging  to socialize without drinking or eating out! I basically did nothing for 6 months before I learned how to balance out my social life without caving in to the pressures of the social norm. In my new life, "the life of optimal health", I enjoy cooking for my friends, inviting friends to Sculpere for classes, mani-pedi dates, walking and hiking. I have even warmed up to the occasional dinner outing once in a while. 
Interestingly I have made more friends this year and I have deepened my relationship with a friend who also doesn't care to drink. Ironically NINE of my friends are pregnant right now, so that is really working out for me!!! My idea of fun has changed. Now, I think it would be really fun to retreat to the beach or do a panchakarma (ayurvedic cleanse) for a week or two. Ahhh... doesn't that sound refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment