Tuesday, March 12, 2013

LETTING GO


 

I was born with an innate curiosity about natural health and spirituality which lead me to yoga and the spiritual lifestyle I lead. I love ayurveda, meditation, energy work, and bodywork because I find it works well for me. Recently, as I have been working on other aspects in my life, an other type of work that is not so easy or fun has presented itself to me...Letting Go. I have been experiencing some memories from my very early childhood that I must have been repressing for over 20 years. Children are so innocent and I think that when a child experiences emotional pain for the first time, although it is a normal part of growing up, it can be damaging to their spirit. I keep wondering why this is coming up for me now? The longer I replay the memory in my mind the more I realize, I have allowed this single bad event all those years ago set the tone for certain negative thinking patterns throughout my entire life! So, with much humility and confusion I will now go where many a yogi has gone before and begin the journey of letting go.

Here are my guidelines for "letting go" and I am open to suggestions:


Step 1. You are what you think

You're beautiful * You're smart * You're creative * You're talented * You're powerful * You're hair is amazing*

You deserve the best * You can do anything * You can manifest your dreams  * You are loved *


Step 2. Accept the now

   * The past is gone * There is power in the present * Hope lives in the present *

Step 3. Let it go

*Close your eyes breathe into your belly * Squeeze the memory out of your mind like the last drop of juice in a lemon

 
This method had not been clinically proven, but some time has passed since I put this intention out into the universe and I have to say, I feel better. The memory has begun to fade and I realize that contrasting situation over 20 years ago cannot hold on to me any longer because... I have LET IT GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment