Tuesday, January 15, 2013

PALO SANTO WOOD

Palo_Santo_Incense_Sticks 

The new year is upon us and I am all about cleansing! I have cleaned, reorganized, and refreshed my apartment from head to toe, and when I was ready to cleanse the energy of my home, I decided to switch from my usual sage, frankincense, and myrrh to a mystical and even more powerful incense. Palo Santo wood is related to frankincense and myrrh but comes from the coast of South American and is also found on  the Galapagos Islands.

Palo Santo is traditionally burned in ceremonies by Shamans and Medicine people for it's energetically cleansing and healing properties similar to sage. It smells warm and spicy and its scent raises your vibration in preparation for meditation. It allows for a deeper connection to Source and enhances creativity. I have definitely been enjoying it during my meditations.

Here are some purposes Palo Santo serves :

*To cleanse the aura
*To remedy cold and flu symptoms
*To relieve stress, asthma, anxiety, depression 
*Reduce inflammation 
*Ease emotional pain! 

Palo Santo is my cleansing incense of choice...At least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment