Thursday, January 10, 2013

HONOR THE STILETTO!

Maybe it’s just me, but I get the feeling, in “certain circles” the Stiletto is actually shunned, as if toxic.  Did I miss the day in school when my yoga instructor told me not to wear high heels? I do however remember the day when my yoga instructor spoke about non- judgment.  Unlike many of my yoga instructor colleges, I feel amazing in heels. Maybe it’s because of all the years I stood on my toes as a ballerina? Good style is something to be grateful for, it is a means to express your self and release creative energy, another voice, if you will. 

Here are two women who I admire. They are both deep and spiritual and also chic and fashionable.


Gabrielle Bernstein's advice for sticking to your new years resolution...:) Gabrielle Bernstein, Spirit Junkie


Gabrielle Bernstein is a very well known author and a motivational speaker. Is she any less of a “Spirit Junkie” when she’s wearing fabulous outfits? Ummmm no… It just makes her more astonishing. 



Miss Kimberly Wilson: extraordinary founder of my yoga studio, a sparkling person who I greatly admire.the beautiful Kimberly Wilson...owner of Tranquil Space and author of Hip Tranquil Chick and Tranquilista!

Kimberly Wilson is an artist, author and activist from Washington DC, and she is the creative director and founder of Tranquil Space. She is in Eka Pada Kapotasana, (pigeon pose) in heels!



Then there is me... I am a yogi ballerina, and sometimes I where stilettos. I am not any less deep or spiritual or because of my shoes. I am taking a stand for all stylish yogis in the world. Be your most SEXY, be your most AUTHENTIC, do what brings you JOY, and honor the STILETTO!

“Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world”
 Marylin Monroe

6 comments:

  1. Amen to the STILETTO! I feel my best in heels too, love this article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this! Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  2. AMEN from me too! I feel so lucky to be a woman because I get to wear stilettos! It's such a quick way to lift your spirts and feel fabulous! Don't get me wrong, flats are great, especially for city-living, but nothing makes a woman look sexier than a high heel. Great post Cristina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Heels are definitely *empowering*

    ReplyDelete
  4. merci beaucoup for the mention, cristina! x

    ReplyDelete