Wednesday, August 15, 2012

SOAKING UP ITALY~ AHHHH

I am on vacation in Italy, on the Ligurian Coast in a very small town called Ventimiglia. It is perfectly placed for extremely easy access to the posh French Rivera cities of  Nice, Monaco, and Cannes, and the Italian city of San Remo. Ventimiglia is my Italian home.


  This is the the view I wake up to every morning. France is just over those mountains. I could stare at this all day, it never gets old.


This is the trail I hike down each afternoon to get to the beach. It is a breeze on the way down but extremely cardiovascular on the way up!



This is Calandre beach. One of the only sand beaches on the Ligurian Coast. It's tiny but very special because most beaches in this area are stone. Although there are many sights to see in this part of the world, this year I want to relax as much as possible, so I have spent the majority of my time laying on this beach and swimming in this magical sea.



The healing properties of the Mediterranean Sea are vast, and I am soaking them up all day everyday in this amazing water! 


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Just looking at the pictures is melting my stress. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, cristina! you deserve a vacation :)

    xoxoxoxox
    caroline

    ReplyDelete