Sunday, August 19, 2012

MEDITERRANEAN DIET *** YUM ***

Everyday here in Ventimiglia, there is a market in town where all the local farmers sell delicious, and incredibly fresh produce. I mean fresh! Eggs just hatched from the chickens, tomatoes just pulled from their vines, peaches from heaven! It was my pleasure to take a 15 min walk down to town to buy these nourishing treats and practice my Italian!


 FIGS 



 LEMON & AVOCADO


TOMATO MOZZARELLA BASIL
A staple in almost every meal.


 PROSCIUTTO MELONE
 Traditional Northern Italian Appetizer  


 A LIL* PROTEIN 
In Italy, meat is completely natural, no hormones, no antibiotics, no worries.


WILD AGAVE grows all over this part of Italy.


GELATO!!!



It is a sin that Gelato doesn't exist in the U.S. I know there are some places that sell "Gelato" but trust me!!! it's not the same. There is something truly magical about Gelato in Italy and France. Maybe it's the cows, their diets, their strong Mediterranean genes? I don't know what it is, but I cannot wait to eat it again next summer. 


2 comments: