Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WHAT IS SCULPERE???





Sculpere is a ballet based workout braided with yoga technique. I developed this concentrated regime to unite the rigorous physicality of classical ballet training with the enlightening practice of yoga. As the classes evolve, the relationship between yoga and ballet become more and more comprehensible to me. When I relax into deep, joint opening stretches in yoga, the focus of my mind turns internally and as the breathe slows down the mind is able to become quite. In ballet when practicing at the barre, I use the breathe as a guide to expand and contract as my body moves through different positions. Similarly my minds eye also travels inward to survey technique, integrate my muscles deeply, and challenge the limitations of my body. Connection of the mind and body in a workout is a critical component. Sculpere is a wonderful way to achieve a full body workout for both body and mind. Enjoy the video! 

No comments:

Post a Comment